You can’t neglect your heating system and expect it to stay in good condition. To prevent your furnace from falling into disrepair, hire a professional to perform the following tasks:
- Change the filter
- Check airflow and fan controls
- Lubricate moving parts
- Check electrical connections
- Check burners
- Ensure proper thermostat calibration
- Inspect safety controls
- Check the gas line
- Tighten or replace belts
- Conduct an amp-draw test
- Inspect the condensate drain on a condensing furnace
- Check the heat exchanger for rust, cracks or corrosion
- Schedule Annual Heating Repair and Service
- Learn What Type of Heating System You Have
- When to Repair or Replace
Schedule Annual Heating Repair and Service
The only item above you can accomplish without training is changing the filter. Enjoy the benefits of professional heating repair and service, including maximum performance, efficiency and safety. Don’t worry about forgetting to schedule maintenance next year when you sign up for and Aire Serv® Total Comfort Tune-Up. The Total Comfort Tune-Up from Aire Serv includes a professional cleaning, adjustment and safety check.
Learn What Type of Heating System You Have
An important step to properly caring for your heating equipment is to learn what type you have. Then, you can increase your knowledge of your equipment and perform maintenance specific to your equipment between formal visits from a heating system expert. Rest assured that Aire Serv repairs and services all brands and types of heating systems.
When to Repair or Replace
It’s impossible to keep a furnace running indefinitely. There comes a time in every furnace’s life when it no longer performs at the level you need. When that happens, a replacement makes more sense than a repair. Here’s how to tell if it’s time to replace your furnace:
- Age: If your furnace is well over a decade old, it could be time to replace it.
- Repair frequency: Is this the second or third repair this year? Is a looming repair close to half the cost of a new system? Stop throwing away money and put your funds toward a high-efficiency replacement.
- Energy bills: Rising energy costs could be one reason your heating bills are higher than a few years ago, but it’s also likely due to your aging furnace losing its ability to perform efficiently. A steady increase in energy bills is a sign that your furnace is past its prime.
- Comfort: Higher energy bills combined with diminished indoor comfort is incredibly frustrating. Uneven temperatures, trouble keeping up with demand, and cold air exiting supply registers are signs of a pending furnace replacement.
Green Apple Mechanical is committed to providing top-quality heating repair and service while maintaining a respectful attitude toward you and your home. Our world-class technicians know how to treat you with respect and courtesy, and we are always available to ensure that you receive help when you need it. We charge by the job, not by the hour, and we promise that you will be satisfied with your furnace repair or we will correct it at no cost to you.
To schedule your heating repair and service with Green Apple Mechanical, contact us today. We’re happy to answer all your questions.