In our NJ climate, a high-efficiency central air conditioning system can keep your whole house comfortable while keeping utility costs low. And we know you want your home air conditioning to keep your family cool when the temperature outside creeps up. Our systems are designed to keep you comfortable while saving energy.
Do you want central air conditioning installed in your home? Even if you don’t have ductwork or can’t get ductwork to fit in your home, Air, Inc. can help. We have Ductless air conditioning systems that will cool your home and they are just as efficient as a central air conditioning system (if not more so).
Green Apple Mechanical offers many HVAC financing options so that you can make replacing your heating and/or air conditioning system affordable.
Request Service Today!
Taking care of your air conditioner is a very important task, especially since you depend on it to make your home a comfortable place to live. Neglecting your air conditioner can result in it breaking down more easily or running less efficiently, which cause your energy bills to go up.
- Maintaining Your Air Conditioner
- Annual Professional Inspection
- Knowing What You Have
- Repairing or Replacing
Maintaining Your Air Conditioner
There are a few things that you can do to ensure that your air conditioner runs as efficiently as possible throughout the year, as well as preventing problems from developing:
- Check your air filters – You should check the air filter for your air conditioner on a monthly basis. If it is dirty, you should either clean or replace it. Not changing your air filter can result in it becoming clogged, which will not only restrict air flow throughout your home, but will also result in your air conditioner working much harder than it should. This will cause unnecessary wear and tear on the air conditioner as well as increase your energy costs.
- Clean the equipment – Make sure to clean the individual components of your air conditioner regularly to avoid grime, dirt and other obstructions from decreasing the unit’s efficiency. Be sure to use a shop vacuum to clear the dirt and dust around the air conditioner as well as from your ducts.
- Keep area around the unit clear – Make sure that nothing is obstructing the exterior part of your air conditioner. You should keep your bushes trimmed back and make sure no other plants or other greenery grows too close.
Annual Professional Inspection
Schedule a maintenance checkup on a yearly basis – ideally before the cooling season begins – in order to make sure it’s working as efficiently as possible. A service such as Aire Serv’s Total Comfort Tune-up will ensure that your air conditioner is in tip-top working shape and that it will last for years to come. Not to mention Aire Serv can fix smaller problems that could potentially grown into larger, much more costly problems in the future.
Knowing What You Have
There are a number of different types of air conditioning units, and the way you maintain it will depend on the type of unit you own. Some of the more common air conditioner units include: split system units, which make use of an indoor and outdoor unit; ductless split systems, which use indoor and outdoor units but without a duct system; and packaged air conditioners, which sit outside. Use our helpful guide to find out which type of air conditioning unit you have.
Repairing or Replacing
An air conditioning unit can be expensive, which means the last thing you want to do is purchase another one. However, sometimes repairing it might not be the best option. An older unit that has undergone multiple repairs should probably just be replaced. Other factors to consider include overall investment costs, long term operating costs and utility rates.
If you need air conditioner repair and service or you want to schedule a tune-up today, then be sure to contact Green Apple Mechanical today!
Request Service Today!
Suspendisse sollicitudin velit sed leo. Ut pharetra augue nec augue. Nam elit agna, endrerit sit amet, tincidunt ac.