1. Comfort. Perhaps that best feature of central air is that it keeps all of your rooms cool and comfortable, not just the ones that have a window unit. With central air, you won’t have one room that’s hot and steamy while another room is almost chilly.
2. Energy efficiency. A central air system can be more efficient than having multiple small window units. This is especially true if you use a heat pump system to cool your home. Heat pumps use the naturally-cooled air from the ground surrounding your home and funnel it into the interior,
3. Better air quality. Another major benefit to central air is that by running all of your indoor air through a central unit, the air gets filtered more efficiently, resulting in fewer allergens, pet hair, and allergens in the air that circulate via your ductwork system. In addition, by having your windows closed and secured, less dirt will be blown in via the cracks around a window unit.
4. Quieter. Window air conditioning units make a lot of noise. Making the switch to central air will make your home more peaceful.
5. Less hassle. Another disadvantage to window units is that you have to take them in and out of the windows in the spring and fall. Often, you also have to fit wood or other pieces around the unit so it will fit snugly in the window opening and not allow bugs to enter. Once the units are out of the window, you have to find a place to store them for the offseason.
6. Security. Having your windows partially open to allow for the window air conditioning units can make it a lot easier for burglars and vandals to enter your home. Even if you nail the windows in the open position, they are much less secure than being closed and locked.
Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call toll-free @ 888-315-5564