Homeowners should make sure their plumbing is inspected frequently. As with many things, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, and preventing major plumbing disasters on your property is well worth it. Even a small leak, over time, can lead to foundation issues, mold and mildew, rotten wood, and other expensive water damage. Avoid this by keeping up with an annually scheduled inspection from Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ.
What Happens in an Inspection?
A plumbing inspection is about a lot more than looking for leaks. The pipes may have cracks or leaks in them, but that is only one small part of the process. In addition:
- Check for running toilets, which can cost hundreds on your water bill
- Check water pressure. High water pressure can adversely affect plumbing fixtures. Low water pressure could be an indication of an underground water line leak.
- Inspect the water and drain lines in the crawlspace and look for any effects of leaks under there, like mold, dripping, and rotting wood
- Sinks and drains are checked for blockages and proper flow
- Washing machines, dishwashers, and other water-using appliances are inspected
- The water supply, shut-off valves, and vents are checked for problems
- Drain cameras are used in exit pipes to make sure waste isn’t building up and causing clogs
- The inspector searches for code violations that may have been overlooked
- Old pipes are inspected to see if they need to be replaced
- Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call toll-free @888-315-5564