1. Did you Know That… Albert Einstein was made an honorary member of the Plumbers and Steamfitters Union? The German physicist said on one occasion that if he had to live his life all over again, he would be a plumber!
The list of famous people that could have been plumbers is longer than you think: Ozzy Osbourne was a plumber’s apprentice before he started his career as a singer. Michael Caine, the Academy Award-winning actor left the school at the age of 16 and joined the business during a couple of years. Bob Hoskins and the boxer John L. Sullivan are also in the list of possible plumbers, but the one that definitely called more of our attention is the German physicist.
2. How do you feel knowing that you spend a whopping 3 years throughout your life in the toilet? Yes, you are reading correctly. The global average is around three years for the inhabitants of our planet. Here in our country, the day when most people flush their toilet is on Super Bowl day…. Based on estimations, around 90 million people flush their toilets during the Half-Time.
That amount of flushing equals seven minutes of water flowing over the Niagara Falls.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ toll-free at 888-315-5564
DOES YOUR HEATER SOUND LIKE IT IS POSSESSED?
One major warning sign is strange noises. You should start to get concerned if your furnace or boiler is starting to make strange sounds such as squeaking, banging, rattling, hissing, popping or other strange noises. Another noise to be aware of is the constant running of your furnace blower fan. Increasing these types of noises is generally an indicator that your heating system will need to be replaced.
DOES YOUR HEATING SYSTEM HAVE A HARD TIME GETTING STARTED ON OR STAYING ON?
Older furnaces and boilers may have a hard time getting started. this can be an indication sign that your heating system needs attention. A repair may be needed to replace wiring that has become faulty, replace the malfunctioning thermostat wire repair another component in the heating system. Continual malfunctioning is a sign that you need a new heating system.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs please call your friends at Green Apple Plumbing NJ toll-free at 888-315-5564
Wet wipes are marketed as “flushable” and “septic-safe,” so there should be no problem with flushing them down the toilet, right? Wrong! Even though these wipes do eventually break down, they take a longer amount of time to do so compared to toilet paper. Since the breakdown of wet wipes isn’t as rapid, clogged pipes and blockages occur more frequently. Putting your home’s plumbing at risk for serious clogs translates to hefty plumbing bills for you.
If you still want to use wet wipes then fine but just don’t flush them. You can save yourself a lot of time and money by avoiding this problem. We are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the New Jersey area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. If you have any questions or concerns you have regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call us toll-free at 888-315-5564
You would not drive your car for miles and miles without changing the oil, rotating the tires or replacing the brake pads. So why would anything be different when it comes to heating and air conditioning? would they not need the same attention and service? HVAC units need to be maintained on a regular basis.
Repairs are not always apparent, but regular maintenance helps to ensure that little problems don’t turn into big ones. In addition, A neglected HVAC system can end up costing you much more money in the long run if left unchecked.
A good preventative maintenance contract will provide for scheduled inspections to ensure peak performance and potentially last past its expected lifespan.
Green Apple Plumbing NJ has been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. Call us toll-free at 888-315-5564 with any questions or concerns you may have regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing concerns.
A plunger works by plugging a clog free with suction. Plungers are a fantastic tool, but it won’t work on every clog. If a clog is caused by something sturdy and stubborn like a tree root, you need a solution that is more powerful.
Usually, if a plunger doesn’t work, you can use a plumbing snake. If that doesn’t work, then you can try hydro jetting, which targets high-pressure water spray to break up and flush out clogs.
If none of these solutions work then be sure to call Green Apple Plumbing NJ toll-free at 888-315-5564. We are the professionals you can trust. We have been serving the New Jersey area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority.
A common question Green Apple Plumbing NJ commonly gets relates to clogged drains.
Generally, clogged drains occur because people are not careful, particularly in the kitchen, about what goes down the drain.
For example, make sure to avoid:
- pouring cooking oil (or fat) down the drain.
- putting poultry skins (chicken, turkey), starchy (potato peels, rice), stringy (celery) or fibrous waste (coffee grinds, corn husks) down the drain.
Also, take some common sense and proactive steps, such as:
- have the water running when you use the garbage disposal.
- let the garbage disposal “catch up” after waste is poured down the drain.
To avoid clogged drains, be conscious and careful and you should avoid a clogged drain dilemma
If a clog occurs, then there is always baking soda and vinegar. The natural chemical reaction will help break up clogs.
If your drain is still clogged make sure to call your friends at Green Apple Plumbing NJ toll-free at 888-315-5564
Is your shower head not performing like it used to? Over time mineral deposits can build up which can cause the nozzles to squirt water in all directions or clog up completely, leaving you with poor water pressure or low flow.
Here are our top tips to help get your shower head back to peak performance.
#1 RUB THE NOZZLES
Many shower heads have flexible rubber nozzles. You can dislodge mineral buildup in these nozzles by simply massaging each nozzle with your finger. You can also try gently scrubbing the nozzles with a toothbrush.
#2 SOAK THE SHOWER HEAD IN VINEGAR
There are a couple ways to do this:
- If you prefer to leave the shower head attached to the pipe coming out of the wall, you can fill a plastic bag with vinegar and wrap it around the shower head.
- Secure the bag around the head with a rubber band, tape, or a twist tie.
- Leave the bag around the shower head for a few hours.
- Remove the bag and turn on the water for a few minutes to clear the vinegar out of the shower head.
- If this solution still doesn’t fix your problem there could be something else going on. Call your friends at Green Apple Plumbing NJ toll-free at 888-315-5564