You really don’t want your furnace to break down ever but you really don’t want it breaking down in weather like this. That’s why Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ always emphasizes the importance of having maintenance checks done on your furnace at least once a year. We can check to make sure there are no small problems that can turn into much larger problems down the road if left unchecked.
We will also ensure that all air filters are clear so air flow will be optimal and air quality will be pure. Also depending on the age of your furnace, we will check to see if it’s still up to date. We are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the New Jersey area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs please feel free to call your friends at Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ toll-free at 888-315-5564
- A leak never gets better on its own. The flow may fluctuate, but once it starts, it won’t stop without a repair. Leaks are a sure sign that something is wrong, just as your gut instinct led you to believe.
- A leak is usually caused by a mechanical malfunction. Your sink may need plumbing help in the form of a new part, such as a washer or rubber seal.
- A leak could be a sign of an old pipe – another problem that must be addressed and inspected for damage. Weakened pipes almost always must be replaced.
- A leak can cause drywall damage, depending on where it’s located. It’s easy to forget that water travels, seeking the path of least resistance. Wet drywall often must be replaced, too.
- A leak can cause mold damage. And the longer a leak has gone undetected, the more extensive the mold damage is likely to be. Fortunately, mold that is contained in a small area – that hasn’t “traveled” along the route of the water – is fairly simple to remedy.
- A leak can damage floors, furniture and other items that the water has penetrated. If your home has ever incurred even 1 inch of water, you know how invasive water can be, often ruining everything in its way.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your plumbing or HVAC needs please call Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ toll-free at 888-315-5564
1. DECORATIVE INSULATION
Carpeting and area rugs on floors help insulate against drafts. They also feel great underfoot, help with soundproofing, and make us feel warmer because they’re so cozy looking.
2. KEEP A GOOD HUMIDITY LEVEL
Most people notice that the air in our homes tends to be really dry in winter. It’s not only drying on skin and throats, but it can make us feel colder than we really are. Using a humidifier to bring your humidity level up to about 40% will help transfer heat better. You can lower the setting on the thermostat and not notice it. More humidity is also better for wood floors and furniture and can help prevent asthma and allergy attacks.
3. MAKE SURE YOUR GARAGE DOOR IS SEALED
The garage is one of the biggest culprits of energy loss in the modern home. Make sure the garage door is touching all the way down and there aren’t any drafts around the sides are top.
By following these tips, you’ll keep your furnace running smoothly all winter long. You’ll also stay cozy and warm for less money.
We are the professionals you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs feel free to call your friends at Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ toll-free at 888-315-5564
1-KEEP THE AREA AROUND THE FURNACE CLEAR
Most furnaces are kept in the basement, where we also love to store extra belongings. It’s really important to keep a three to five foot area around your furnace completely clear of stored items. This is a safety issue because there is burning gas in the furnace. But it also helps the furnace run smoother because air can circulate freely.
2-. CURTAINS ARE A GREAT WAY TO SAVE ENERGY
Strategically using your curtains can make a noticeable difference in your energy bill. By closing them at night, you can prevent heat loss to the cold outdoors.
Opening them in the day on the south or west-facing windows allows warm sunshine to enter and heat the inside of your home, just like with a car left in a parking lot. On any north windows, try to keep them closed, even during the day.
3. GET REGULAR FURNACE TUNE-UPS
Make sure you have your furnace inspected and tuned up every year by Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ to ensure its running at peak efficiency. One faulty part can place a strain on the rest of the system, and can lead to sudden breakdowns.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your plumbing or HVAC needs call us toll-free at 888-315-5564
- Test the faucets both inside and out. To do so, turn on the hot and cold water one at a time. You may notice some air in the lines in your outdoor faucets, but don’t be alarmed. This is normal if you turned the water off during the colder months.
- Inspect your pipes. Drastic changes in temperature at the end of winter can compromise the integrity of your pipes potentially causing them to burst or leak. For this reason, it’s imperative that you know how to shut the water off to your house quickly. Take this time to test shutoff valves.
- Flush the water heater. Since you should be flushing it once a year, take this time to get rid of sediment in the tank. If you turned up the thermostat for hotter water during the winter, bring it back down to 120°.
- Reattach garden hoses and check for leaks. It’s that time of year again – where you’ll be spending time outside gardening or washing your car. Reattach hoses, turn on the spigots and check for leaks. Leaky hose bibs can drive up your water bill.
- Clean out the gutters. We all know how much rain we can get during the spring season so take this time to clean out the gutters. It’s also important to make sure they are draining properly and that water is redirected away from your home and foundation.
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to call your friends at Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ toll-free at 888-315-5564
Provides an Extended Life for Your Furnace
You want your furnace to last the 15 to 20 years it was meant to, but without Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ, you’re more likely to get about 10. Wear and tear increases without the correct maintenance which can cause your system to fail. Having your furnace looked at every year can prevent moisture and grime build ups, which in turn prevents rust and air flow problems. It also saves you the money of having to replace it with a new model.
It may not seem like a big issue to skip your yearly furnace check-up, but you can be inviting trouble if you do. Have us over to inspect. Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ will keep your family safe and comfortable and save you some major expenses down the line.
We are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. Call us today for a proper inspection toll-free at 888-315-5564
A Lack of Hot Water
A lack of hot water is usually the result of a failed water heater. Water heater defects can stem from a variety of issues, ranging from total breakdowns to minor component defects. Regardless of the source of your water heater’s failure, it’s a good idea to hire a Green Apple plumber or technician to handle the job. Water heaters operate using electrical and gas systems. Mistakes working with these devices can result in personal injury and damage to your home.
Here at Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ we are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your plumbing or HVAC needs feel free to call your friends at Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical toll-free at 888-315-5564
- Check for plumbing leaks
Be sure to look at both your faucets and toilets for any leaks. You want to confirm there is no water dripping out of or around the connections when you shut off your faucets. If there is, installing new fixtures or repairing the leak could help better the faucet’s function and may even lower your water bill.
After the faucets, inspect any accessible pipes for evidence of leaks. You can often see visible pipes in basements and below sinks. Extreme weather can cause pipes to freeze and sometimes crack. Spring is the ideal time to make sure the winter weather didn’t cause any damage that would result in plumbing problems.
Be sure to contact the professionals at Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ with any questions or concerns you might be experiencing. We are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. Call Green Apple toll-free at 888-315-5564
Energy savings, lower utility bills, and better indoor air quality are the three greatest benefits that you’ll enjoy when you replace your dirty furnace filters. An understanding of the role that air filters play helps explain why they’re so important:
- Airflow. Even the most energy-efficient furnace can’t keep your home snug and warm without a well-operating air distribution system. If an air filter becomes so clogged and dirty that it restricts airflow, the system will have to work harder to get conditioned air through the ductwork. Dirt can also accumulate on the coils and further restrict airflow.
- Heater performance. Dirty filters can cause dust, grime, and debris to build up on heater components, which can impair the efficiency of the entire heating system. Over time, the heater’s performance weakens while the energy usage steadily increases. Replacing a clogged filter can lower an HVAC system’s energy consumption by as much as 15 percent.
- Indoor Air Quality. Filters are rated according to the number and size of particles that they can trap. In the rating system used, the Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value (MERV), the higher the MERV, the better the filter’s ability to remove small particulates. An expert from Green Apple Mechanical NJ can help you to select the best filter for your heating system.
- Call Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ Toll-free at 888-611-7191
Whether you are a long time garbage disposal user or have just chosen your first ever disposal, knowing how to care for it will go a long way to making your experience a good one. Garbage disposals are valuable household tools when used properly. If you are careful with what you put through your disposal and keep it clean, it should provide you with many years of carefree service. Many of the common frustrations users experience can be avoided by following just a few tips.
A common garbage disposal complaint is bad odors. This is often due to a failure to run enough water through and ensure everything is adequately flushed out. To keep your disposal fresh and clean, consider the following tips:
- Grind Thoroughly – Make sure you allow adequate time for everything to get ground and flushed with water. Leftover particles cause odors.
- Clean Regularly – At least once a week, take a bottle brush and scrub inside the disposal. This small maintenance step will go a long way to keeping it fresh.
- Grab Citrus – Fresh orange, lemon, or limes can help cut grease and eliminate odors. Simply grind pieces in the disposal.
- Vinegar is Good – Freeze some vinegar in ice cube trays and blend in the disposal. This helps to eliminate bacteria which can cause odor.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call Green Apple toll-free at 888-315-5564