The first way to improve your indoor air quality is by regularly maintaining your heating and cooling system twice a year. During the year, your system experiences wear and tear, excess dirt and debris and possibly damaged components.
EGreen Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ offers many different plans to keep your unit performing efficiently. Our certified technicians will inspect your unit for signs of stress, testing and replacing worn components and applying lubrication when necessary.
Particulates buildup in your HVAC system forcing your unit to work harder than necessary to deliver a controlled climate throughout your home. The particulates, such as pollen, pet dander, and mold, pollute your home and compromise your indoor air quality.
A clean heating and cooling system with no obstructions hindering proper airflow operates more efficiently. Dirt and debris are cleared away during scheduled maintenance, so your heating and cooling unit can provide clean and healthy air throughout your home.
Maintenance with a service plan from Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ provides you with peace of mind and hassle-free scheduling. You can schedule maintenance when it’s convenient for you and not struggle to fit a service call in at the last minute.
We are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call toll-free @ 888-315-5564
Furnaces tend to make some noise when they turn on and off, but if those noises start to get progressively louder, it may be time to replace your unit. These sounds may come in the form of popping, banging, humming, or screeching. This could be a telltale sign that you may need to replace a furnace or some parts within the furnace. The reason for some of these sounds could be:
- Rattling: Unsecured ductwork, loose screws or sheet metal can be the cause of this sound. It may also mean the lower motor is not properly balanced.
- Popping: This sound can happen when parts within your furnace warm and cool in response to temperature changes within your system.
- Humming: Your fan motor may produce electrical humming sounds, but the fan should never be loud or disruptive. If it is, your inducer motor or blower fan motor could be starting to fail.
- Screeching or Squealing: These noises are a sign there is an overall issue with your blower motor or inducer motor. Possible issues could be a loose bearing, deteriorating belt, or an issue with the pulley that holds the belt.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your plumbing or HVAC needs call Green Apple toll-free at 888-315-5564
Thick curtains are one of the main ways to protect your house from losing heat through the windows. Curtains with a thermal lining are a relatively cheap option. “The thicker the better,” said consumer analyst. If you don’t want to splash out on new curtains you can line them yourself with materials like cheap fleece. You can even use PVC shower curtains. And it’s not just windows that can have curtains. Placing a curtain in front of doors to the outside adds another layer of protection. And it doesn’t even need to be a curtain. We’ve seen people use an old rug that they would pin up over the back of the front door.
With New Jersey experiencing extreme temperatures it’s more important than ever to conserve as much heat as possible. Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical are the experts you can trust. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call toll-free @ 888-315-5564
With the extreme cold temperatures, your furnace is probably working overtime. The constant churning can make it tough for heating systems to keep up with the demand.
The number one culprit for winter heating problems is a bad furnace filter. It’s so important that furnace filters are changed frequently and your furnace is inspected annually.
Green Apple Mechanical NJ recommends that you should be able to see through your furnace filter. If you can’t, it’s time to replace it.
A bad filter can essentially clog up your system, causing it to break down.
“What happens is this is called a limit switch and it reacts to temperature. If you’re not moving enough air across the furnace, this will open up and shut everything off. It’s for safety and that’s because of a dirty furnace filter. The part fails.
Another common issue involves newer, high-efficiency furnaces which have a pipe that comes outside the home. If anything gets stuck inside that piping, like a small animal or even snow, it can shut your furnace down. So you’ve got to keep that area clear.
And when your furnace is working extra hard in the cold weather, it’s also good to cut off air flow. Keep your doors closed as much as possible.
You can seal off any drafty windows with plastic, and add little sweeps along the edge of doors to help keep the cold air out. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call toll-free at 888-315-5564
Keep garage doors closed, especially if there are water supply lines in the garage.
Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to allow warmer air to circulate around the plumbing, especially if your sinks are on an exterior wall. (If you have small children, be sure to remove any harmful cleaners and household chemicals.)
Let the cold water drip from a faucet served by exposed pipes. Running water through the pipe—even at a trickle—helps prevent pipes from freezing.
Keep the thermostat set to the same temperature during day and night. Again, during a cold snap is not the time to set back the thermostat at night to save a few bucks on your heating bill.
If you plan to be away during cold weather, leave the heat on in your home, set to a temperature no lower than 55° F.
For the long term, add insulation to attics, basements, and crawl spaces. Insulation will maintain higher temperatures in those areas. And to prevent drafts, seal cracks and openings around windows, doors, and at sill plates, where the house rests on its foundation.
Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call Green Apple toll-free @ 888-315-5564
While holiday activities can put a strain on your home’s plumbing, there are ways to ease this strain. Here are six quick tips to prevent a plumbing catastrophe during the holidays:
- Clogged Sinks – Avoid draining oils and greases down your kitchen sink. Fatty substances can solidify in your pipes and clog your kitchen’s plumbing. Instead of pouring cooking oil and grease down the drain, let it cool, wipe it up with a paper towel and dispose of it in the trash. Using strainers in your sink drains will also help prevent clogs by catching larger items that might otherwise slip down the drain and cause issues. Additionally, clean your plumbing fixtures with vinegar to remove any build up. This will help ensure a free flow of water. As an added bonus, your faucets will be sparkling for your guests.
- Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call toll-free at 888-315-5564
Is your old air conditioner collecting dust? If so, spring is the perfect time to have central air conditioning installed by the professionals at Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ. In the HVAC industry, central air conditioning is a major advancement because it replaces individual air conditioners and can cool an entire house with the flick of a switch.
Central air conditioning is the best way to effectively circulate cold air throughout your home. Another advantage of this state-of-the-art system is that it can improve air quality in your home. Indoor air pollutants won’t be able to call your house their home.
When it comes to installing central air conditioning systems, our goal is providing your home with comfort and efficiency. Starting in the spring and during the summer, there is nothing more refreshing than basking in central air conditioning. Also, traditional air conditioners use more electricity than central air conditioning units. Therefore, a new central air conditioning unit will be more energy efficient than an old one.
The pros at Green Apple Mechanical can install a new central air conditioning that is the most conducive and effective for the layout of your particular home. Give your friends at Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical a call toll-free at 888-315-5564 for a free estimate or consultation. So go ahead and take a well-deserved breath of cool air.
Homeowners are responsible for maintaining the septic system. Consistent care and attention of your septic system are essential to preventing system failure.
How do you know if your system is failing?
- Toilets are slow to flush.
- Water backs up into sinks, toilets, bathtubs, and laundry machines.
- Gurgling sounds are heard when running water or flushing toilets.
- The grass is a deeper green color over the septic system area.
- Patches of unusual puddles and sogginess.
- Depressions forming in the soil.
- Unpleasant smell in or around the house.
- If you notice any of these septic system warning signs be sure to call Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical toll-free at 888-315-5564
- Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority.
If your furnace is past its 15-year mark and beginning to have maintenance issues, there is a very likely chance it will need to be replaced. It may be working, but it is likely not operating at maximum efficiency and your utility bills are probably at all-time highs as a result.
Furnaces are like cars; the older they are, the more maintenance they need, usually incurring the most breakdowns in the last two years of their lives. If your furnace is roughly 15 to 20 years or older and you have a repair costing more than 15 percent of a new furnace, you should go ahead and replace it (because it is more likely to break down again soon).
Generally speaking, a good rule of thumb is, no matter the age of the furnace, if the cost to repair is 50 percent or more of the cost of a new furnace, you should replace it.
If your furnace is operating with little to no maintenance issues but you’re noticing a higher utility rate and you’d like to get your bills down, there may be some lower cost solutions for you. Some alternative options may be updating your thermostat to a programmable one, cleaning or updating your duct system, purchasing an electric fireplace or portable heater, or just adding some extra blankets around the house. Call one of our Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ HVAC experts to help you determine which option is best for you.
Call us with any questions or concerns you may have regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call toll-free at 888-315-5564
- Clean the bathroom fans. Your bathroom fans work hard all year and this is the perfect time to ensure the work they do is as efficient as possible. Remove the covers from your fans before washing them with soap and water. Once the covers are off, use a toothbrush to clean the fan blades before reapplying the cover. Just make sure the power is off before starting this task.
- Add a smart thermostat. Smart thermostats allow you to program the temperature settings in your home so you can set your home to be warmer during periods when you’re away and more comfortable when you’re home. The system will also communicate with you and provide ways of saving even more energy and lowering your monthly bill. Follow its recommendations and you’ll get new tips that can help you save even more.
- Schedule a tuneup. Once you’ve accomplished all the tasks above, it’s time to bring in the experts. Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ will be able to take a more detailed look at your system and identify problems you may have otherwise missed. Follow us around during our inspection and ask questions. You may just learn some insights that will be invaluable in your ongoing efforts to reduce your energy usage and total bill.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ toll-free at 888-315-5564