Is your old air conditioner collecting dust? If so, spring is the perfect time to have central air conditioning installed by the professionals at Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ. In the HVAC industry, central air conditioning is a major advancement because it replaces individual air conditioners and can cool an entire house with the flick of a switch.
Central air conditioning is the best way to effectively circulate cold air throughout your home. Another advantage of this state-of-the-art system is that it can improve air quality in your home. Indoor air pollutants won’t be able to call your house their home.
When it comes to installing central air conditioning systems, our goal is providing your home with comfort and efficiency. Starting in the spring and during the summer, there is nothing more refreshing than basking in central air conditioning. Also, traditional air conditioners use more electricity than central air conditioning units. Therefore, a new central air conditioning unit will be more energy efficient than an old one.
The pros at Green Apple Mechanical can install a new central air conditioning that is the most conducive and effective for the layout of your particular home. Give your friends at Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical a call toll-free at 888-315-5564 for a free estimate or consultation. So go ahead and take a well-deserved breath of cool air.
Homeowners are responsible for maintaining the septic system. Consistent care and attention of your septic system are essential to preventing system failure.
How do you know if your system is failing?
- Toilets are slow to flush.
- Water backs up into sinks, toilets, bathtubs, and laundry machines.
- Gurgling sounds are heard when running water or flushing toilets.
- The grass is a deeper green color over the septic system area.
- Patches of unusual puddles and sogginess.
- Depressions forming in the soil.
- Unpleasant smell in or around the house.
- If you notice any of these septic system warning signs be sure to call Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical toll-free at 888-315-5564
- Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority.
If your furnace is past its 15-year mark and beginning to have maintenance issues, there is a very likely chance it will need to be replaced. It may be working, but it is likely not operating at maximum efficiency and your utility bills are probably at all-time highs as a result.
Furnaces are like cars; the older they are, the more maintenance they need, usually incurring the most breakdowns in the last two years of their lives. If your furnace is roughly 15 to 20 years or older and you have a repair costing more than 15 percent of a new furnace, you should go ahead and replace it (because it is more likely to break down again soon).
Generally speaking, a good rule of thumb is, no matter the age of the furnace, if the cost to repair is 50 percent or more of the cost of a new furnace, you should replace it.
If your furnace is operating with little to no maintenance issues but you’re noticing a higher utility rate and you’d like to get your bills down, there may be some lower cost solutions for you. Some alternative options may be updating your thermostat to a programmable one, cleaning or updating your duct system, purchasing an electric fireplace or portable heater, or just adding some extra blankets around the house. Call one of our Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ HVAC experts to help you determine which option is best for you.
Call us with any questions or concerns you may have regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call toll-free at 888-315-5564
- Clean the bathroom fans. Your bathroom fans work hard all year and this is the perfect time to ensure the work they do is as efficient as possible. Remove the covers from your fans before washing them with soap and water. Once the covers are off, use a toothbrush to clean the fan blades before reapplying the cover. Just make sure the power is off before starting this task.
- Add a smart thermostat. Smart thermostats allow you to program the temperature settings in your home so you can set your home to be warmer during periods when you’re away and more comfortable when you’re home. The system will also communicate with you and provide ways of saving even more energy and lowering your monthly bill. Follow its recommendations and you’ll get new tips that can help you save even more.
- Schedule a tuneup. Once you’ve accomplished all the tasks above, it’s time to bring in the experts. Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ will be able to take a more detailed look at your system and identify problems you may have otherwise missed. Follow us around during our inspection and ask questions. You may just learn some insights that will be invaluable in your ongoing efforts to reduce your energy usage and total bill.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ toll-free at 888-315-5564
CLEAN BUILT-UP RUST AND DIRT
A proper inspection includes checking for rust and dirt that can build up on the burners in your furnace. This type of buildup can create pockets that trap gas and cause hot spots on your furnace’s heat exchanger.
Even if your furnace is new, it still requires inspection as different factors can cause rust and dirt to accumulate.
REPLACE WORN-OUT PARTS
Your furnace’s internal parts wear out over time, which could cause it to stop working. A qualified Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ technician should check the parts in your furnace and replace those that could cause problems before your next inspection.
Neglect your furnace’s annual inspections, and particles like dust and dirt can accumulate on any moving parts. This causes your furnace to work harder than necessary to maintain the heat in your home, which compromises efficiency.
During an annual inspection, a technician will clean your furnace’s parts and make sure they work together properly. Your furnace is at its most efficient when its parts are clean, without anything preventing it from working correctly.
We are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing concerns call us toll-free at 888-315-5564
- 1-Grind ice cubes to help maintain your unit. Grinding a few ice cubes once a month will help sharpen your unit’s blades and clear away waste that’s stuck on the walls of your disposal.
- 2- Don’t use drain cleaners on your disposal. The chemicals in drain cleaners can damage your disposal. If you have a clog, give a Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ plumber a call or try the step below to fix it instead.
- 3- Hand-crank the disposal to break up jams. One of the best ways to fix disposal jams is to stick an Allen wrench in the slot at the bottom of your unit and manually crank the blades to free it up.
- 4- Don’t forget about the reset button. If your disposal is acting up, check and see if the reset button at the bottom of the unit has tripped. If it’s popped out, press it back down and try running it again.
- 5- Exercise caution when retrieving something from your disposal. If you accidentally drop something down your disposal, be very careful when trying to retrieve it. Always make sure your unit is unplugged before attempting anything and try grabbing the object with pliers or a bent coat hanger instead of your hand.
- We are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. If you have any questions or concerns call us toll-free at 888-315-5564
1- Invest in a Programmable Thermostat
Programmable thermostats are affordable and they allow you to automatically control the temperature in your home, throughout the day, without ever touching your device.
2- Reduce the Heat Generated in Your Home
Dry clothes at night when the temperature is cooler or hang dry outside. Try cooking a little later in the evening or grilling outdoors.
3- Seal Air Leaks
Sealing air leaks around windows and doors keep cool air from escaping during summer and warm air from escaping during winter months.
4- Know when it is Time to Replace Your Existing System
According to experts, in the best case scenario most components of HVAC systems only last 15-25 years, and that is taking into consideration that proper and regular maintenance has been a factor. The average lifespan of a furnace and boiler is 15-20 years. Some units last longer with regular maintenance. By the same token, if you have had repeated problems and a system has been repaired frequently you may have to replace sooner.
Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call us toll-free at 888-315-5564
CLEAN YOUR DRAINS.
If you have a slow drain, this could be a clog waiting to happen. By regularly cleaning your drains, you can help reduce accumulation of waste, dirt, and debris. While there are many drain cleaners that you can get in the stores, using them too often can damage your system. A safe and simple homemade cleaner is white vinegar and hot water. Add baking soda down the drain beforehand for an added boost. Plunging can also help break up a clog but if you have a persistent clog that keeps on coming back or a severe clog, call your Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ plumber.
MAINTAIN YOUR WATER HEATER.
Your water heater is an important part of your system and should be drained at least annually to increase its efficiency and lifespan. Check the water to verify you don’t have any flakes, rust, or unusual discoloration. For gas heaters, verify the flame of the water heater is a blue color and if you see a yellow color, make arrangements to clean the jets.
We are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your plumbing or HVAC needs call Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ toll-free at 888-315-5564
Reduce energy costs
Did you know a clogged filter can cause your system to work harder? That means an increase in your energy usage. According to the Department of Energy, heating and cooling account for almost half of the average home’s utility bills! Replacing your air filter regularly means that fan motor doesn’t have to work as hard, and you won’t be blowing tons of money on unnecessary energy costs.
Poor indoor air quality can cause symptoms such as eye irritation, sneezing, dizziness, and respiratory problems. People suffering from asthma and allergies are significantly affected by poor indoor air quality. Homes with pets experience extra dirt and dander in the air. Changing the air filter in your furnace regularly will prevent dust, dirt, mold spores, soot, bacteria, and allergens from building up in the air inside your home.
The life of your furnace and the health and safety of your family depend on regular heating system maintenance. Changing your furnace filter is a very simple way to keep your indoor air clean and avoid costly repairs to your heating system.
We are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical toll-free at 888-315-5564
WHY PIPES BURST
When water freezes, it expands in volume by about 9 percent. And it expands with tremendous force: The pressure inside pipes may go from 40 pounds per square inch to 40,000 psi! No pipe can hold that much pressure, so it breaks open. The break may occur where the ice forms, but more often, it occurs where water pressure finds a weak spot in the pipe. That may be inches or even feet from the frozen area.
The first sign of ice forming in pipes is reduced flow at faucets. So if the flow slows to trickle during a cold snap, or if you suspect your pipes are vulnerable, take action. Here are a few things you can do:
- Turn up the heat.
- Set up fans to blow heat into cold rooms.
- Open vanity or cabinet doors so warm air can reach the pipes under sinks.
- If you have exposed pipes inside closets or pantries, leave doors open.
- Disconnect garden hoses from outdoor faucets. Even “frostproof” faucets can burst if a hose is connected.
- Keep the garage door closed.
- If you have reduced water flow, heat the most vulnerable pipes (usually in basements and crawl spaces or near exterior walls) with a hairdryer. Leave the faucet on while you apply heat. As you melt ice, the flow will increase.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing concerns call Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ toll-free at 888-315-5564