Ensure Efficiency And Air Quality By Changing Your Filters
DETERMINING WHEN TO CHANGE THE FILTER
Most people will change their filters at the start of a new season when they know the equipment is going to be working its hardest. Some people, on the other hand, change it once a month – just to be on the safe side. What are the factors that determine how often the air filter should be changed?
- What type of air filter do you have? Since each type has a different lifespan, use that to help determine how often to change it.
- What is the air quality like in the house? If the air does not seem as clear or fresh as it used to, or you are having issues with allergies or frequent colds, you may need to replace your filter more often or choose a different type.
- Are there pets in the house? If you have pets in the home, you may want to consider changing filters more frequently or choosing a type that helps with dander.
- How many people are in the home? The more people in the home, the more dust and dirt flies around – consider changing your filters more often.
- Are you in an area with high construction or pollution? If the answer is yes to either of these, check your filters frequently and make sure to change them when they are dirty.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs feel free to call Green Apple Plumbing & Mechanical NJ toll-free at 888-315-5564